Theatre Royal Drury Lane location
Located in the heart of theatreland just off the busy tourist area of Covent Garden, the theatre itself is inaccessible for cars and buses but has excellent city centre public transport links. Covent Garden itself offers some of the best places to eat and drink in central London.
- The nearest tube stations are Covent Garden (for the Piccadilly Line) and Holborn (for the Central and Piccadilly Lines).
- 5 minutes from Covent Garden: Exit the tube station and walk left past a stretch of pubs and shops. Keep walking until you hit a cobbled piazza and turn left cross the square. Carry on left down Russell St and then take a right onto Catherine St. The theatre is directly ahead of you.
- 8 minutes from Holborn: Exit the station and turn right down Kingsway. After a few minutes turn right down Kemble Street. Keep walking straight ahead then cross over the road to Russell St and turn left onto Catherine Street. The theatre is straight ahead of you.
- Buses to Catherine Street: RV1
- Buses to Aldwych and the Strand: 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 76, 77A, 91, 172, 341
- • The Theatre Royal Drury Lane is right in the heart of the London Congestion Charge Zone. If you want to drive in the zone between 7am and 6pm, it'll cost you a tenner a day. But if you'll arrive in the area by car after six, the charge won't apply.
- • The theatre is part of the Q-Park Scheme, the nearest car park for which is the 24hr Q Park Chinatown at 20 Newport Place, WC2H 7PR. It costs £18 for up to 3hrs, £24 for 4hrs, but you can claim a 50% discount when you get your parking ticket validated at the box office.